This time of year brings a flutter of activity, with our families, in our workplaces, and the planning efforts of FBC staff and volunteers. Holiday events, educational forums and, of course, the upcoming 2020 Generations Conference, are keeping us all busy!
This positive momentum is hinged on our many successes in 2019. I am delighted to share a brief recap of some of these ‘homeruns’:
- Board of Directors: Local powerhouses Meghan Baker, Justin Horner, Maggie Bender-Johnson, and Gary Orr committed to bringing their expertise to our board in 2019 and we couldn’t be happier.
- We’ve added over 50 new members since 2017…definitely something to celebrate! A robust membership helps FBC be of even more value to our members by creating an active community and helping people make connections.
Looking ahead to 2020, we are committed as ever to creating engaging programming and efficiently educating and nurturing our region’s family businesses. Through a dynamic membership campaign, we will continue the organization’s growth while implementing new events and networking opportunities.
- New in 2020: Two family business tours! These smaller, members-only events give attendees an inside look at the operations of some of our beloved family businesses. Lundberg Family Farms, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. and San Francisco Bay Coffee will host us for tours, tastings, Q&A and networking time.
- In April, we welcome our keynote speakers from around the country to our next Generations conference, the largest family business conference in our area. There is still time to get tickets and take advantage of family packages and discounts. I guarantee you won’t want to miss it.
- In the fall, we’ll come together for a Family Forum and, in September, our NextGen and CEO affinity groups will participate in a joint meeting with leadership coach Kevin McCarthy, an FBC favorite.
As River City Bank has been a long-time member of the FBC, I keenly understand the strength of this organization and the value we can provide for family businesses in our area. Over the years, it has been my pleasure to invite other family businesses to events and introduce them to other FBC members.
If you know of family businesses that would benefit from our programs and network, consider inviting them to attend an event as your guest. Please get in touch with Executive Director Stella Premo at email@example.com and we’ll make sure they feel welcome. And finally, a sincere thank you to those who attended our Holiday Social which was hosted by our member, Fat Restaurant Group. It was a pleasure to celebrate the season with you. I look forward to seeing you all in the new year…and new decade!
FBC Board President