As we celebrate the holiday season, I can’t help but reflect on the prior year and my gratitude to be part of this amazing community. This year, I’m especially grateful to the new members that have stepped up and dedicated their time to volunteer in our committees. This is tremendously important because our organization’s growth and vibrancy is largely dependent on the energy and commitment of our volunteers. For this reason, I would like to welcome these new committee members:
- Kelsey Monroe-Sclater from Holt of California has accepted the role of vice chair, Membership committee. Kelsey will take the baton from Dave Boyce who has been instrumental in leading the Thank You Drive efforts for the past two years. Dave will continue to lead this effort as we continue to get to know our members. Kelsey has served on the Membership committee for many years and is ready to take on the elevated role as vice chair with a focus on member retention. If you would like to join Kelsey in getting to know our members, please reach out to her at email@example.com
- Nathan Torinius of Genovese Burford & Brothers joined the Membership committee and accepted the newly created position of member recruitment lead, with an emphasis on growth efforts in 2019. There is no doubt in my mind that we will experience unprecedented growth under his leadership. If you have a family business that you believe would benefit from our programs, please introduce them to Nathan at Nathan@gbbwealth.com
- We welcome Jamie Berry of HUB International to the Membership and Generations committees. Jamie has been involved with the organization for many years and continues to give of his time, talent and treasures to ensure that we continue to thrive and prosper. (Please be sure to read his company spotlight in this issue!)
- Moss Adams has recently joined FBC as members and without hesitation John Whitfield joined the Membership committee. John is excited to help grow our membership and will work with Nathan primarily on recruiting new members.
- Jennifer Boland of Wells Fargo is our most recent addition to the Membership committee. Jennifer will join us beginning in January and is looking forward to helping where she can to recruit and retain our members.
- Mukti Patel from PwC has joined the Programs + Events committee. Mukti has been a Technical Advisor member for a very long time and has a deep understanding of how important our programs are to our membership. I’m certain that he will bring valuable resources to our programming that will benefit our members.
- Lois Lang from Evolve Partner Group is a new Technical Advisor member and has jumped into the mix right away helping the Programs committee with planning the Spring Family Business Forum. Lois is a family business expert, author and speaker. We are lucky to have her!
The Generations committee has new members, too! And we couldn’t be more excited to have their fingerprints on the success of this Conference.
- Steve Zeller of Zeller Kern is a long-standing member who is guiding a very special keynote presentation with Orange Kiwi.
- Sharon Love of Incredible Pets serves on the Generations programs committee and is always thinking about how to create the ultimate attendee experience.
- Doug Van Order of Tier One Financial is a newer committee member who is committed to helping in all areas of the Conference, from helping guide presenters with their presentations, to driving attendance.
- Greg Robinson of Bank of the West is a new committee member and without hesitation stepped right into being the events Finance Chair.
So please, if you see any of our volunteers new and longstanding, please thank them for their service to our community. Without all our members actively being involved on our organization, we would not have the vibrant community that we enjoy.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season and I look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event in 2019!