April 17, 2018 | 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Reinvention | Transition | Success(ion)
The Ups & Downs of Family Business
With a focus on reinvention, keynote speakers Ken Dwelle of Flyers Energy and Stan Van Vleck of Van Vleck Ranch discuss major inflection points in their businesses and how they might correlate to yours. Dive deep into conversation and strategize in breakout sessions with Family Business Center members IMS, Inc., All Weather Architectural Aluminum, and Larry Walker Associates. Click here to register.
Discussion topics include:
- Reinventing/rebuilding after detrimental business decisions and major family events
- Hiring Non-Family Executive Leadership
- Diversifying the business
- Best practices for involving the next generation.
- Learn the role of family trusts in succession planning, including how they secure the interest of the successors, provide for contingencies, set requirements for members of the family, and protect the beneficiaries.
- We will re-group for lunch and closing remarks, leaving you plenty of time for an afternoon at the office.
8:30 – 9:00am Check-in and networking
9:00 – 10:00am Opening Keynote Breakfast | Rebuilding, Reinventing, and Diversifying: Navigating tough decisions through uncertainty. Presented by: Ken Dwelle, Flyers Energy, Inc.
10:15 – 11:15am
Moderated by: Justin Horner, DCA Partners
Breakout Session 2 | Understanding the Importance of Family Trusts in Challenging Times: How to Protect Your Family & Business
IMS, Inc. – Roy Hill, Jr.
Moderated by: Gina Lera, Lera Tiberini PC
11:30am – 12:30pm Closing Keynote Lunch | Succession Planning Insights & Best Practices: How tragedy helped Van Vleck Ranch realize its full potential by creating a succession plan for the next generation that best suits their needs. Presented by: Stan Van Vleck, Van Vleck Ranch
12:30 – 12:45pm Closing Comments and Q&A
Our newly re-formatted forums are designed to facilitate real conversations, high-level learning and to build your network of other Family Business Center members in a convenient half-day session.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 17 | 8:30am – 1:00pm
WHERE: Del Paso Country Club
Not a member, but interested in attending? Email us!